The successful candidate will provide leadership in setting and delivering the strategy for the plant operation in the areas of Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene by ensuring that the site has appropriate systems, practices and programs in place covering Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene which meet regulatory and legislative requirements, Company policy and worldwide standards.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Identifying and implementing systems that ensure compliance with both legal and Kendal Nutricare policies.
- Establishing audit and control measures to ensure practices and standards follow established processes, ensuring appropriate action is taken when out of compliance.
- Driving continuous improvement in relation to Food Safety & Quality practices by supporting the identification of, and championing improvement programmes.
- Maintaining knowledge of legislation, policy, standards and best practice to support the identification of programmes to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage positive relationships between the operation and local legislative and regulatory bodies, and external customers.
- Develop and manage site crisis management systems to ensure appropriate procedures and training are in place to protect employees, customers and environment and so protect the Kendal Nutricare business from risk.
- Manage Food Safety & Quality aspects of all capital investment projects on the site.
Job knowledge, skills & experience
- Degree qualified in Food Science/Food Quality
- Microbiology background
- Advanced HACCP qualification
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop relationships across all levels of the factory
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of food manufacturing is essential
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Working hours: 08.00-16.00 Monday to Friday
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] to arrive no later than 31st July 2019