This is a fantastic opportunity for a project engineer/manager from a manufacturing background to join our growing business.
Your initial role will be to lead and project manage the installation of a new filling and packaging line within our existing factory. You will lead the project through from concept to completion whilst being responsible for ensuring that all resources & equipment are sourced and planned to ensure timely completion of the project.
Once the initial project is complete, the role will be part of the senior engineering team on site and will consist of managing numerous projects such as plant upgrades, cost saving projects, civil engineering projects etc. This will form part of our ongoing continuous improvement programme.
During the initial project you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing the correct equipment/machinery for the line and ensuring these meet our strict quality and safety standards.
- Planning the design and layout of the line to fit into our existing floor space.
- Ensuring that all contractors/third parties are correctly sourced and managed accordingly.
- Ensuring that the complete line is correctly installed and integrated in compliance with all relevant safety and quality requirements.
- Ensuring that the line is installed within the time and budget constraints.
- Ensuring that the line is commissioned and handed over to the production team complete and ready for operation.
- Ensuring that all relevant training and documentation for the new line is complete.
- Degree or similar qualification in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Good working knowledge of all relevant health & safety legislation/procedures including machinery safety, PUWER, risk assessments etc.
- Proven track record in a similar role with experience of installing packaging lines/equipment. This would include a minimum of 5 years in a project leader role.
- Excellent knowledge of packaging/process equipment particularly of a high care/pharmaceutical background.
- Experienced with a CAD package.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent communication/presenting skills.
- The ability to manage different projects at different stages.
- Particularly in the early stages, must be willing to travel to look at new equipment prior to purchasing.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Working hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] to arrive no later than Friday 14th December 2018