Mechanical Craftsperson (Secondary Department)
We are seeking a mechanical craftsperson to work within the Secondary Engineering Department. After training, duties will include first line fault diagnosis/rectification and the general maintenance and repair of a wide variety of packaging equipment.
- To provide first line support for operations, including plant changeovers, routine maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that engineering cover is provided during operational hours
- To ensure that equipment is changed over in a timely/efficient manner.
- To ensure that faults of an electrical or instrument nature are identified during breakdowns and rectified by liaising and assisting other trade disciplines.
- To maintain all fixed and portable mechanical engineering equipment.
- To modify plant and make improvements to increase efficiency.
- To ensure that all necessary records and information are kept and provided.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with factory safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- The job requires an apprentice trained mechanical craftsperson
- Logical approach to fault finding.
- The ability to communicate and work within a team environment
- Good core skills in welding, fabrication and machining
- Must be flexible and adaptable to operational requirements.
- Some knowledge/training in electrics and pneumatics would be an advantage
- Self-motivated and be able to work with limited instruction.
- Good IT skills
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday on rotating early, late & night shifts
Salary: £30490 + £4385 shift pay per annum
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]