We are seeking 2 experienced maintenance engineers to meet production needs in regards to engineering issues and breakdowns. As part of their role they will need to:
- Adhere to all company Health & Safety policies & practices
- Perform reactive & proactive maintenance on a variety of process equipment.
- Carry our regular maintenance, PPMs & be reactive where directed.
- Troubleshot breakdowns across a range of equipment to provide minimal downtime.
- Support team leaders & production to facilitate production efficiency.
- Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns & PPMs.
- Ensure all required paperwork is maintained & kept up to date throughout the department.
- Operate in a safe manner, ensuring any risk to self & others is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Work with production to facilitate optimum running time.
- Communicate technical & operational issues quickly & effectively to relevant departments.
- Ensure routine maintenance, breakdowns completed to time and to appropriate safety and engineering standards, whilst complying with factory safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Ensure that engineering cover is provided during operational hours.
- To suggest modifications to plant and make improvements to increase efficiency.
- Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns and PPMs
- Logical approach to fault finding.
- Welding, fabrication, lathe, milling machine, grinder, pedestal drill and hand tools. Fitting of gearboxes, pump changes and refurbishment, fitting of bearings and shafts, steam systems.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering Maintenance or Manufacture.
- The job requires a time served engineer/fitter.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplined team environment of varying levels of technical experience.
- Knowledge/experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to operational requirements.
- Some knowledge/training in electrics and hydraulics would be an advantage
- Self-motivated and be able to work with limited instruction.
- Good IT skills.
Salary: £30596 + £3517 shift pay per year
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday on early/late shift pattern
To apply for this position, please send your CV & cover letter to [email protected] to arrive no later than 17th August 2019