We are seeking 2 experienced Maintenance Engineers to meet production needs in regards to engineering issues and breakdowns.
As part of their role they will be required to:
- Adhere to all company Health & Safety policies & practices.
- Perform reactive & proactive maintenance on a variety of process equipment.
- Carry out regular maintenance, PPMs & be reactive where directed.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns across a range of equipment to provide downtime.
- Support Team Leaders & production to facilitate production efficiency.
- Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns & PPMs.
- Ensure all required paperwork is maintained & kept up to date throughout the department.
- Operate in a safe manner, ensuring any risk to self & others is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Work with production to facilitate optimum running time.
- Communicate technical & operational issues quickly & effectively to relevant departments.
- Ensure routine maintenance breakdowns completed to time & to appropriate safety & engineering standards, whilst complying with factory safety & hygiene policies and procedures.
- Ensure that engineering cover is provided during operational hours.
- To suggest modifications to plant & make improvements to increase efficiency.
- Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns and PPMs
- Logical approach to fault finding.
- Welding, fabrication, lathe, milling machine, grinder, pedestal drill & hand tools. Fitting of gearboxes, pump changes & refurbishment, fitting of bearings & shafts, steam systems.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering Maintenance or Manufacture.
- The job requires a time served engineer/fitter.
- Strong organisation & communication skills & the ability to work within a multi-disciplined team environment of varying levels of technical experience.
- Knowledge/experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive & preventative maintenance.
- Must be flexible & adaptable to operational requirements.
- Some knowledge/training in electrics & hydraulics would be an advantage
- Self-motivated & be able to work with limited instruction.
- Good IT skills
Salary: £30596 per year + £3517 shift pay per year
Working hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday working early/late shifts
To apply for this position, please send your CV & cover letter to [email protected] to arrive no later than Friday 13th September 2019