Purpose of role:
This role supports the R&D Manager in the development of new products and reformulation of existing products, taking into account the efficacy, stability, cost and manufacturing requirements of such developments.
- To develop new and revised product formulations for any range of products manufactured at Kendal or under outside contract, taking into account parameters such as cost, ease of production, required process modifications, etc.
- To ensure that new product developments are capable of being manufactured using existing processes and plant or, where this is not the case, to identify suitable new processes and develop these in conjunction with the new products.
- In connection with the above, to arrange for products to be made, and process modifications to be tested on the Pilot Plants as required, and to arrange for analyses and stability trials to be undertaken through liaison with Quality Control.
- To undertake work associated with the commissioning of new plant, determining appropriate operating procedures for the production of existing products. To aid in the installation of any associated peripheral systems and prepare procedural changes when applicable.
- To translate Pilot Plant processes through to production scale trials, to provide supervision for production trials and issue appropriate support documentation.
- To undertake evaluation of competitors products.
Ideally the successful candidate will be a food science or food technology graduate, and knowledge in food formulation and development is desirable.
The successful candidate must be capable of communicating at junior and senior levels, both within and outside the Company.
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 commensurate with experience
Working hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] to arrive no later than 9th October 2017